Chapter 1 General Rules
Article 1 (Purpose). The regulations aim to define general rules related to the compilation of the Korean Journal of
International Studies (KJIS) published by the Korean Association of International Studies (KAIS).
Chapter 2 Composition and Role of Editorial Board
Article 2 (Composition of the Editorial Board). The selection of the editor-in-chief and the structure of the Editorial Board shall be specified by Article 40 of the KAIS.
Article 3 (Qualifications for and Selection of Editors). Editors shall be selected in consideration of the following criteria: 1. One or more of the editors may be the incumbent Publishing Director for the purpose of cooperating with the Publishing Committee.
Article 4 (Managing Editor of the Editorial Board). For the purpose of facilitating the Editorial Board, one of the editors may become the Managing Editor of the journal, and a regular member shall be his/her Associate Editor if need be.
Article 5 (Role of the Editorial Board)
1. The editor-in-chief shall convene an Editorial Board Meeting to deliberate on and determine the following:
A. Recommendation of manuscript reviewers
B. Final judgment on manuscript publication
C. Revision of editorial regulations
2. Resolutions in the Editorial Board shall be revised and passed with the consent of a majority of those convened.
The same shall be applied to resolutions adopted online.
Chapter 3 Publication of a Manuscript
Article 6 (Receipt of a Manuscript). A manuscript shall be received and processed as follows:
1. A manuscript to be contributed shall comply with the rules specified by the Editorial Board.
2. A manuscript to be contributed must be received by the e-Submission System. The time of online submission to the
Editorial Board shall be regarded as the time of receipt.
3. When a manuscript is received, the Editorial Board shall notify the author.
4. The author should comply with the following restrictions:
A. The author shall be allowed to publish only one manuscript in a calendar year. Co-authoring shall be considered as one publication.
B. Except for special cases, recognized by the editor-in-chief, no editors shall be allowed to submit a manuscript during their term as an editor.
Article 7 (Expected Dates of Publication). KJIS shall be published three times a year. The expected dates of publication will be April 30th, August 31st and December 31st.
Chapter 4 Procedures and Criteria for Review
Article 8 The Editorial Board shall request review directly after the receipt of manuscript.
1. Appointment of a Reviewer - The editor-in-chief shall request editors to recommend reviewers for a manuscript before the appointment of three reviewers.
2. Request for Review - Appointed reviewers shall be requested to review a manuscript via the e-Submission System or e-mail.
3. Due Date - The results of review should be received within 2 weeks. If there is no notification of the results, without good reason, the editor-in-chief will be allowed to replace the reviewer.
4. Review Report - The Editorial Board will collect the review reports in order to determine if the manuscript will be published with or without revision, or if it will be rejected. Judgement regarding the results of review shall be as follows:
Article 9 ("Publish with Revision"). A manuscript judged as "Publish with Revision" shall be sent to the author for revision. Upon revision, the Editorial Board shall re-review the manuscript before determination of publication.