[Notice] 개인정보(연락처, 이메일 등) 작성 금지. 회원작성 가능
[Notice] 홈페이지 개편으로 비밀번호가 초기화되었습니다.(전체메일(2020-05-19), 홈페이지 메인 화면 공지 팝업 참고)
Support for US Next Generation Research Program
Support for US Next Generation Research Program provides grant support to encourage research projects or programs that provide in-depth analyses and policy recommendations on political, social, and economic issues on Korea and East Asia.
1. Researchers employed by accredited research institutes (think tanks) and/or university research institutions based in the United States.
2. Researchers who received a Ph.D. or M.A. within 10 years.
※ Application should be submitted under the name of the accredited institution.
Policy research on the future of the US-Korea relationship
1. Issues on the Korean Peninsula (peacebuilding, US-ROK alliance, security, economy/trade, society etc.)
2. Technological Innovation (digital transformation, cyber security, AI, 5G etc.)
3. Other issues for US-Korea cooperation (climate/environment, democracy, cultural exchange etc.)
Project expenses, researcher’s salary and/or indirect costs
※ Up to 10% of the total direct cost may be requested as the coverage for indirect costs
The Korea Foundation normally considers projects with a grant period of one year.
1. Application period: April 1st (12:00 KST) - May 15th (18:00 KST), 2020
2. Notification of results: by June 30, 2020 (Result notification will be done on an individual basis.)
Applications should be submitted via the KF Online Application System (http://apply.kf.or.kr).
An application must be written in English. All budget items should be calculated in USD.
Please answer all of the questions on the application. If a particular question does not apply to you, please write “N/A.”
An application includes:
1. Applicant Institution Information
3. Project Budget
4. Attachments: Curriculum Vitae of a project director and member(s)
1. Relevance and timeliness of the research topic and related activities
2. Capability of participants and their experience in terms of achievements and activities related to Korea and East Asia
- Partnership with a Korean research institute or a researcher;
- Participation by a prominent researcher or government officials related to the research topic
3. Thoroughness and feasibility of the work plan including research methodology and approaches
4. Soundness and cost efficiency of the project budget and funding plans
5. Visible/substantive efforts to receive matching funds for the proposed project
6. Anticipated results of the proposed project and plans for dissemination of research results
- Plan to publish a book on the project;
- Organization of at least one event (workshop, international conference, etc.) for the purpose of promoting/disseminating research outcomes
The recipient institution is required to submit the following reports within the grant period:
1. Summarized final report (KF form).
2. Detailed project report (free format).
3. Financial report (KF form, endorsed by the institution’s highest financial officer).
4. List of related outcomes (books, articles, etc.).
1. The application is required to be submitted under the name of the endorsing institution.
2. The institution applying for the program should notify the KF of any change to the information contained in the original plan after its submission.
3. The KF, in the process of screening applications, may require an applicant institution to submit additional information or make adjustments to the project plan.
4. After notifying applicants of screening results, the KF will discuss the details of each project and its budget with the respective recipient institution and conclude a grant letter for each.
5. After the conclusion of the grant letter, the KF’s grant will be remitted to the institution. The KF grant must be received and managed by the institution.
6. The project should be carried out according to the schedule and plans specified in the application. If the project must be postponed or canceled for unavoidable reasons, the institution should consult with the KF.
For inquiries about the program: email@example.com / +82-64-804-1138
For technical assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org / +82-64-804-1083
게시물 수정을 위해 비밀번호를 입력해주세요.
게시물 삭제를 위해 비밀번호를 입력해주세요.